HMV Website

snowy30 02:07 12 Mar 04

Has anyone shopped from HMV using it's website?

Before I commit myself to shop from them using it's website, I thought I ask PC Advisor's army of forum users to see if anyone has used it's website to buy products from. I am concerned of giving them my credit card number, I know they uses secure encryption software, and I may be worrying over nothing, but who can blame me.

GANDALF <|:-)> 07:03 12 Mar 04

You have no need to worry about handing over your cc number. In the the unlikely event that it is copied, the cc company will refund you without question.

G

Forum Editor 07:04 12 Mar 04

but rest assured that it's perfectly safe to use the HMV site for online purchases.

People think nothing of providing their credit card details to a complete stranger over the phone - it's done millions of times a day - but in fact using a secure web site is a far safer method of making such transactions.

dth 12:01 12 Mar 04

used the hmv site many times - never had any problems

Smiler 15:09 12 Mar 04

I agree with the FE having used both telephones & the web for buying for many years Web is far safer.
Refering to the HMV site though I had a look yesterday and my feelings are that it's a good idea to be able to download the albums but it's not really cheap when you consider you have to supply the cd to burn to, you get no lables, booklets or cd box. It'll save HMV a fortune and make them even more money.

shifty 16:53 12 Mar 04

Have used the HMV site regularly and it's a very secure site. Very quick at sending orders out aswell, some received the following day.

snowy30 18:33 12 Mar 04

for your replies. Your experiences and assurances and dispelled all my anxieties and doubts.

:o)

northender 20:47 12 Mar 04

just a quick note from an HMV staffer. Make sure that you only enter your details ONCE- even though it may be slow to load. On numerous occasions I have had to refund customers who have received duplicate orders - not a problem, but could cause inconvenience & kind of negates the reason for ordering online. Good luck

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is Amazon Go and will it come to the UK? The store without checkouts or queues

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Why ecommerce hasn't taken off on social media

New MacBook Pro 2016 review | MacBook Pro with Touch Bar review: Apple's expensive and powerful…