hmv dvd sale

dawnyworld 22:28 09 Jan 04

i was in a my local hmv store before christmas i was goin to purchase the new indiana jones boxset for £28.99
but got side tracked so forgot i went back to the store after new years for the sale ,low and behold the boxset in there sale was £34.99

are they allowed to do this, surly this isnt right.

i know its not strictly a computor problem but can they do this ??

Sir Radfordin 22:33 09 Jan 04

They can charge what they like for their products, but if they say it has been reduced from another price which isn't true then that isn't legal.

You will often see notices such as "this item has been displayed at the higher price for 28 days in XX stores". Because of local competition some prices may be different in different stores. The price cuts are normally then true for the highest price charged through all the stores.

spuds 23:32 09 Jan 04

Another well known music/video store was selling some cd's the other day for £3.99, these were marked down from pre- christmas price of £12.99.Some you win, some you lose, I am afraid.

Our local hmv was selling terminator3 for £16.99. After about a week it went up to £19.99.

ivesy 15:22 10 Jan 04

It makes me laugh when you see there 'buy one get one free' sale. They were selling Shrek (amongst others) for £19.99 and some DVD's for £22.99. You can get Shrek for example for around £8. I emailed HMV but they just said other stores were able to do deals with there suppliers which they at the time couldn't do! Very strange. The words RIP and OFF spring to mind.

Why on earth would you think that a retailer cannot put his prices up? As Sir Radfordin says, saying someting is a "sale" price when it isnt is illegal but simply deciding that you want to charge more most certainly isnt! Case of supply and demand!

MichelleC 16:22 10 Jan 04

The lower price in a sale item has to be on sale for 28 consecutive days in at least 1 store of a chain. What was the lower price (was it crossed-through) and how was it worded?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…