HMRC? I should Co Co!

Diemmess 09:19 08 Nov 10

I do pay basic rate PAYE, but because of the way my pension income and savings are arranged I am "not on the system" (for making annual returns)

Since when has the real HMRC actually canvassed refunds?

The email has a pretty green logo but I haven't seen this particular spam before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tax Refund Notification

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity, we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of 1500.00 GBP. Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-7 days in order to process it.

Click Here to submit your tax refund request

Note : A refund can be delayed for variety of reasons, for example submitting invalid records or applying after deadline.

Best Regards

HM Revenue & Customs

Chris the Ancient 09:23 08 Nov 10

I've seen that one a couple of times. And, yes, it is a very professional looking one - even down to 'stealing' genuine logos from the HMRC site.

I've not been caught - but I wonder how many people have.

jack 09:37 08 Nov 10

As Diemmess said if an individual is on PAYE any refund comes through that system- does it not?

I wonder if it will come my way.

As I have not paid tax in may years- it would be interesting to see how much of a refund could come my way.

spuds 12:15 08 Nov 10

I would think 'Best Regards' is the give a way?.

But having said that, I have just received an email from PayPal stating 'Dear Loyal PayPal Customer', and then requesting that I cancel (by clicking on link) an over £40.00 bill for mobile phone card top-ups that I was to have supposedly ordered by mistake. There were many give aways, including the msn email .com.

I suppose someone will be a little lighter or richer today?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The updated 'Corel Painter inside Photoshop' plugin ParticleShop offers new brushes

New MacBook Pro 2017 release date, UK price and tech specs: Kaby Lake MacBook Pro to launch in…