HMRC? I should Co Co!

Diemmess 09:19 08 Nov 10

I do pay basic rate PAYE, but because of the way my pension income and savings are arranged I am "not on the system" (for making annual returns)

Since when has the real HMRC actually canvassed refunds?

The email has a pretty green logo but I haven't seen this particular spam before.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Tax Refund Notification

After the last annual calculations of your fiscal activity, we have determined that you are eligible to receive a tax refund of 1500.00 GBP. Please submit the tax refund request and allow us 6-7 days in order to process it.

Click Here to submit your tax refund request

Note : A refund can be delayed for variety of reasons, for example submitting invalid records or applying after deadline.

Best Regards

HM Revenue & Customs

Chris the Ancient 09:23 08 Nov 10

I've seen that one a couple of times. And, yes, it is a very professional looking one - even down to 'stealing' genuine logos from the HMRC site.

I've not been caught - but I wonder how many people have.

jack 09:37 08 Nov 10

As Diemmess said if an individual is on PAYE any refund comes through that system- does it not?

I wonder if it will come my way.

As I have not paid tax in may years- it would be interesting to see how much of a refund could come my way.

spuds 12:15 08 Nov 10

I would think 'Best Regards' is the give a way?.

But having said that, I have just received an email from PayPal stating 'Dear Loyal PayPal Customer', and then requesting that I cancel (by clicking on link) an over £40.00 bill for mobile phone card top-ups that I was to have supposedly ordered by mistake. There were many give aways, including the msn email .com.

I suppose someone will be a little lighter or richer today?.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

Where HTML5 is headed next

MacBook Pro v Surface Pro 5