Higrade Xperian Plus P4 3.06gHz

nelftm5 17:19 11 Jul 04

I purchased this machine in December 03 and now it is booked in for it's 3rd return for repair!! Not only that but in the time that I've had it, it's been the most unstable machine I've known.

On this occasion it's going back due to a failure of the TV card (audio, but no picture on any of the inputs) but before I packed it up I loaded the Sisoft Sandra utility to do a few checks to try and find why it's so unstable.

It didn't take long to spot the cause - once the machine gets warmed up, the CPU runs at 108'C!!

Anyone know where I stand with them if I insist on this being rectified as well as the TV card? What if they say it is within acceptable limts? What if they say they can't fix it (I notice this model is no longer available on their website), can I get a refund?

P.S. Can I contact PC Advisor via this site to maybe take this up in their Consumer Watch section?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…