'Hi Grade - up to the grade?

kestrel3 13:27 09 Oct 03

Further to earlier thread, I have now purchased & received my Hi-Grade machine.

Despite that fact I ordered the machine with a DVD-R/RW, it has arrived with a DVD-RAM!

Secondly, it's making an awful noise, my call to their customer service department results in them arranging for replacement of CPU fan (so soon!).

The keyboard,mouse & webcam are supposed to be logitech - mouse & keyboard are Cherry- webcam is unbranded & there's supposed to be a Logitech joystick included & there wasnt!

So, off to a good start - NOT!!!!

David-220653 22:29 10 Oct 03

I bought a couple of PC's, B2B, from Hi-Grade a few years ago and had no end of problems with them. Qulaity was poor and technical support not much better. It was a while ago but these things leave a lasting impression and I haven't been tempted to buy Hi-Grade since even though I've seen some good reviews.

GOOD LUCK with resolving your problems - it probably won't be easy.

kinger 22:45 10 Oct 03

I am using Hi-Grade M6400 notebook PC purchased a year ago from them.

I had a usb problem where I had to send it back to them and they fixed it and got it back to me quickly.

My boss at work has just purchased a similar Notebook. No problems with his.

Their technical support has always been efficient with me (I've called them on a few occasions) so no real complaints this end.

Hope they sort it out for you.

They seem to have top features crammed into their machines and tend to sell them much cheaper than 'branded' equivalents.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…