Hi Grade - up to the grade?

kestrel3 16:26 12 Sep 03

I'm thinking of buying an ultis PV4 PC from Hi Grade Computers,it looks a very god piece of kit, but i've never heard of Hi Grade? Has anyone any experience with them, good or bad?

Maelstrom 16:32 12 Sep 03

link?

kestrel3 16:37 12 Sep 03

Sorry, don't understand?

Rayuk 19:42 12 Sep 03

I think he means link to the website and the unit you are considering

GANDALF <|:-)> 20:19 12 Sep 03

click here 'Quite possibly the best PC we have ever seen'-PC Advisor May 2003....and you need more reassurance?

G

Q-Bie 21:43 12 Sep 03

Hi-Grade also make many of the Advent Laptops for PC World, I have an Advent Hi-Grade that i've owned for 18 months, very nice piece of kit.

kestrel3 14:06 13 Sep 03

You learn something new everyday, as they say, I didn't know Hi Grade & Advent were one & the same?

However, it still doesn't resolve my query as to what individual involvement with HI Grade & their own branded machines is really like?

PC Advisor (that review was about a different model PC the Experian) revies are one thing, individual recommendation is another.

Wilham 21:20 14 Sep 03

This desktop was compared with 5 others p196 in C Shopper issue April 03. All six desktops were of similar price...£1410 inc.(within £2 of this). Browsing their specs I was taken aback to see the Hi-G was raid zero. The reviewer seemed not to notice,- the only indication of raid was in the sentence "The Hi-Grade Ultis has an Intel 2.8GHz processor while a striped 2x80Gb hard disk array gives the biggest capacity of the PC's on test" in the config summary.
This is a one horse race, I thought. The line-up with proc'r were Evesham 2700, HI-Grade 2.8, Mesh 2.8, Polar 2400, Systemax 3.0, Aries 2700.
Stars awarded (in order) were 3,4,4,2,4,3.
More objective were the positions/6 in the five benchmarks... Hi-Grade was 3,3,3,5,5.
This shattered my idea that raid zero near doubled the speed, and that perhaps I should have given more attention to that historic hyperOs thread? Or 'striped' was a slip?

ulti65 12:11 15 Sep 03

I have a Hi grade notebook and it is a got bit of kit and the back up that goes with it is very good as well.I bought it direct from higrade picked it up when they said it would be ready and when it went wrong ,accident, they collected and returned as promised ,as the cuprinol advert says "just as it says on the tin".

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…