Hey O Hell (Golden AOL)

ronroam 23:06 28 Sep 05

Salutory lesson I'm afraid: today I joined AOL BB Gold online after being on BB Silver for some months, enticed by the special promotion of £19.99 p.m.for the first 3 months instead of £24.99.
I received their email acknowledgement of my order and in the terms, you've guessed it, £24.99 p.m. for the full 12 month term.
I called the helpline and was told that the offer only applied if I ordered over the phone!
However, I called the 0870 number they advised and after quite a while of waiting, after telling them that I would cancel, they reverted the price to £19.99!
Adding injury to injury, I've just realised I was paying them 7.5p a minute to sort out it out!

Forum Editor 01:09 29 Sep 05

of your order, and it quoted a price, that's that - AOL cannot subsequently tell you that they're charging you more, no matter how you placed the order.

In any event, you've sorted this out yourself, so all's well.

ronroam 01:40 29 Sep 05

Forum Editor, just to clarify: I simply completed AOL's online form and received the email which included the contract.

However, the price in the contract was in contradiction to the special promotion they are currently advertising.

You're right; I managed to spot the 'error' but others might not be so lucky.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…