Hewlett Packard

forexes 14:54 13 Aug 04

Can anyone tell me if this might be correct. My T550uk machine is 2 months old and is playing up. In fact it is not playing up anymore, it has died. HP support centre tell me this is because my monitor is not an HP model. They will not take the machine in for repair until I try it with a HP monitor. Vendor was Comet who refer me back to HP. I was under the impression that all CRT and TFT units were manufactured so that they could be used on every computer. If this is true, why do they sell tower units on their own. Or am I being misled??

byfordr 15:01 13 Aug 04

Smell like a bovine whiff to me...

what are you connecting the monitor up with? DVI, analogue? Whatever should all work...

You could just go down to Comet and find a monitor thats made by HP and claim you've tried it.

Technically its Comets problem as the people who sold it to you.

R

forexes 15:06 13 Aug 04

When I spoke to Comet, they didn't want to know, but am surprised at HP's comments re the requirement to use their monitors only. When I asked for clarification of their statement, all they said was " there is something in the way they are made" Sound technical to you?

wee eddie 17:45 13 Aug 04

If you do a search of the threads here, you will find several complete descriptions of how to handle the problem.

If the Unit has been sold without a VDU, then it can be expected to work with almost any VDU.

Unless there are circumstances that you have not informed us, you would appear to have very strong grounds for complaint.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…