Here to help

consumerhelp 14:36 01 Sep 03

Hi there,

I'm PC Advisor's new ConsumerWatch bod, here to help you whenever I can and to bring your issues to the magazine's readers when we think it will help them.

You can email me with queries or stories whenever you like, though I would always advise you to post them on the forum as well, as the collective wisdom of the site users is nothing short of spectacular.

I may also at times ask you for your help, especially information about products or companies we're interested in (in fact there's a thread starting soon in which I'm doing just that).

The aim of the forum is for us to help eachother out - we're all fairly small in comparison with the towering corporate beasts we deal with when we get involved with the computer market. So I look forward to helping you out, and hearing about your trials and triumphs in PC land.

Peverelli 11:22 04 Sep 03

Uhm. Where have all the postings on this thread gone? We were only asking if this is a genuine PCA thing and not a spoof thread by a user calling him/herself 'consumerhelp'. A short reply from the FE or Guy would have sufficed (or a reply to the message I sent to the moderator).

If it IS genuine, then good luck with the new venture.

PC Advisor. 11:23 04 Sep 03

Hi folks,

Thought we'd give you a bit of further explanation here. As part of PC Advisor 100th issue celebrations (November cover issue), we're ramping up our coverage of consumerwatch issues still further.

'consumerhelp' has a fierce reputation as a campaigning journalist and will be closely monitoring this forum, along with Forum Editor and myself.

As 'consumerhelp' says, posting publicly is best for everyone - a problem shared is a problem halved. But if you'd prefer direct, confidential contact, feel free to drop 'conmsumerhelp' an email.

Guy (Online Editor)

Peverelli 11:26 04 Sep 03

Thanks Guy. More power to the consumer can only be a good thing!

tbh72 11:48 04 Sep 03

Can I suggest consumerhelp changes their name to Consumer Help. This would keep within the current expectation's of the members eg

PC Advisor

Forum Editor

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Battlefield 1 review: Destructive environments, phenomenal graphics and an emotional campaign make…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Microsoft HoloLens hands-on review

How to use System Preferences in macOS Sierra (and Mac OS X): Complete guide to personalising the…