Hercules Classic 5.1 speakers at £7.61 - Where?

minter 11:04 06 Jan 04

Referring to the previous thread on theses speakers.

I placed an order for one set, was informed that they would be delivered by January 6th, then that there was a delay.

Today went to check how they were doing - and they have vanished.

My order has disappeared without trace, no e-mail to explain.

I will stick to the reliable web sites in future - EBuyer like a lot of other sites that promise a lot for nothing are a complete waste of effort and time.

minter 11:07 06 Jan 04

Have just found this on EBuyer's website.

Hercules XPS 510 Classic 5.1 Speakers
(QuickFind: 52553) - Sorry, this product is currently unavailable / discontinued.
Try searching for something else:

I think they can forget it!!!!

always a big possibility that they would never come...

PurplePenny 12:16 06 Jan 04

If you bring up the complete list of speakers they are still on there with the same QuickFind number BUT .... the price is now c. £35 (ex VAT). Selecting them brings up the unavailable/discontinued message.

Penny

Handy Spinner 12:17 06 Jan 04

I have succesfully bought a DVD player from Ebuyer, though I must say that their customer service phone number could be improved, as with a lot of companies. I wouldn't say by any means that they are a complete waste of time, though it was intensely annoying to see that deal slip away.

leo49 12:41 06 Jan 04

I've bought very regularly from E-buyer over the last 3 years without any problems at all.Their prices are amongst the keenest on the Web and it's your loss if you write them off.As Pilch says,it was always an iffy order - looking at the main thread there are very folk who actually WANTED the speakers,most of us ordered on the offchance of getting something for virtually nothing and are no worse off for taking a chance.

Stuartli 17:47 06 Jan 04

eBuyer makes it clear that it very much prefers to use an e-mail form of contact.....

It's very common with online retailers.

Stuartli 17:48 06 Jan 04

The price you quote in your thread title is without VAT or delivery...not that it matters too much now..:-)

Handy Spinner 17:50 06 Jan 04

Fair enough, though if I remember correctly this was one time they had specifically asked me to contact them by phone to sort out a login problem.

No matter though.

sdf 19:31 07 Jan 04

it appears they seem to be currently unable to source the item so orders will be converted to quotes. If/when they become available again you can re-place the order manually

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…