Help....DVD/CDRW P5020

keedo 17:01 22 Jan 07

Hi,

Having got hold of a Fujitsu-Siemens P5020 lifebook i would like to add a DVD/CDRW so it can play DVD's/CD's on the move.

I really want an internal drive for which their is space(presumably it came with it as standard) and therefore am wondering what would fit. Presumably the original but does anyone know what part number it is and where i can get one from?

Any help much appreciated,

Mark

Totally-braindead 18:08 22 Jan 07

click here according to this it came with a Toshiba SD-R2412 combo drive so perhaps if you got one of them it would fit.
Suggest you have a google search for suppliers of fujitsu-siemens parts.

keedo 19:07 22 Jan 07

Cheers mate, thanks alot for the help, i have sourced one on ebay.

Great response on the forum as ever!

I was also wondering, what i would need to do when i fitted the DVD drive. Presumably not just "plug n' play"..... would i need to install any software?

Mark

Totally-braindead 19:13 22 Jan 07

To play DVDs you need software such as PowerDVD, WinDVD or you could download the codecs and use Windows Media player.
You don't need any particular software for the drive itself, windows will identify it as a CDROM and install its own driver.

Totally-braindead 19:15 22 Jan 07

Don't want to put you off this idea but I had an old laptop apart a couple of years ago and it was a nightmare reassembling it. Hopefully this drive just slots in from outside the case.

keedo 22:16 22 Jan 07

Yeh i am almost certain it just slots in....hopefully that will be it as i lost a "battle" with a samsung laptop i took apart a few years ago!

Cheers once again.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's most powerful…

Apple Watch 2 vs Huawei Watch 2 comparison review: watch out for 4G smartwatches Apple