help - what next ?

Haysi 16:09 16 Feb 03

I have bult a PC based on an AMD XP2000+ CPU and had a lot of problems getting it to run
A friend has recently bought a similar spec machine and kindly allowed me to substitute parts and I find that my PC with his AMD XP2100+ CPU [at 1.74Ghz, 13x 133/33] seems "rock solid", [ have tried a couple of 'burn-in' utilitys with no problems ].
The retailer I got the parts from eventually aggreed to test the CPU and mainboard but then returned them to me claiming there was nothing wrong with them, and charged me for the priveledge.
Any suggestions where I go from here ?

recap 16:58 16 Feb 03

An independant test of the CPU and mainboard would be the next step here Haysi, then you would know if it was the CPU and mainboard or not. Then take it from there.

Forum Editor 17:19 16 Feb 03

I agree.

Haysi 09:26 19 Feb 03

Cost of independent test will go a good way towards the price of a new processor and retailer says they will not pay for them if CPU is found to be at fault, they will only replace CPU - what should original retailer be responsible for or should I just abandon it and buy another CPU

recap 10:38 19 Feb 03

By what you say Haysi, I take it that the retailer will only pay for a new CPU if found to be faulty. Well I think this is true, you may have to pay for the independant testing yourself, unless you take the supplier to the small claims court. If I am wrong I'm sure somebody with more claims experience will correct me.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac