Help with tech support please!!!

troydi 23:48 11 Apr 03

Am having problems with a mercury router, yet when trying to get in contact with the company, I am thrown all about the world, and still no help. Not even a reply to my emails! Does anyone have any ideas what I should do next?

Forum Editor 00:02 12 Apr 03

a bit more information please?

1. Which router?

2. What's the problem?

Maybe we can help.

troydi 00:08 12 Apr 03

The router is a KOB BR4P-CB Mercury broadband router. The problem that I am having is that when the modem is connected it does not want to conect to the internet. When I connect the modem directly to one of the computrs, it works ok. I thought that there was a problem with the configuration because in the status log, I get something from the PPPoE saying ac_name: and there is nothing after it. I tried to download the updated firmware from the website, but when trying to install, it told me that the file was wrong. The only way the website click here gives me to get tech support is to email. I have tried that twice and had no reply. I also have tried calling various contact numbers given on the website. The UK number refused to help, and the rest told me the same thing, that I had to email. NOT happy.

MichelleC 08:24 12 Apr 03

If you do a look-up you'll see they're based in Singapore. Maybe the tech staff have got the 'flu'.

Some routers are especially hard to configure - it took hours for a tech guy to install my ADSL Nation.

troydi 09:19 12 Apr 03

:-) I hadn't thought of that! I have no problems configuring the router so far, I just wish there was someone on the end of a phone who knew the router so I could ask them if this was normal! If I don't hear from someone soon, I will send it back and get a refund. Another thing that bothered me was the fact that their files did not work when using them to upgrade. Grr!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Amazon Fire HD 8 review: A brilliant combination of function and value – with one massive caveat

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How to create an introvert-friendly workplace

Apple Watch Series 2 review | Apple Watch 2 review: New Apple Watch is faster, brighter,…