Help please

Hi This might be in the wrong section and if so my apolegies to FE and I will full respect any move made to it.

I am at present considering completing my MCSE and I would like input

As many of you know I have a back ground in IT not only did I offer the support in the forums when I was at Time but I was also the legal engineer, OS engineer and I designed and configured the review systems that where sent out to mags for you to read about :o) if you look back though old mag issues you will prob be able to work out when took over lol.

Presently I have MCP in NT4 (old I know but life has gotten in the way of taking more exams) before working at time I used to teach MCP in SQL and TCP/IP as well as NT4. OK a bit of back ground about me.

Now the thing I have noticed since I have decided to formalise my Qualifications with a MCSE is how many training centres there our out there there are residential, semi, residential, class room, vitural class rooms with VPNs, online courses, books, the list seems to go on I would not be suprised to learn if there are subliminal messaging courses you listen to while you sleep lol.

Now these course for a full MSCE in SQL with a TIAComp security qual and the MCDST as well range in price from £6k down to £1.7K

Now to my question... Which MCSE is worth the most in the industry? I know this will include personal opinion, what are your views on different methods of training?

The other thing I am considering is just doing the MCSA and maybe doing another qualification.

Now the question for the cynical out there do the Microsoft Qualifications still hold wieght within the industry or as some rumours have suggested as are their dominance and qualifications falling by the weigh-side?

Any personal experiences in IT qualifications would be welcomed

As always

Best regards to all

Daniel Warren

Bugger

appols to all for the naff subject title should have thought it through more and called it after the subject sorry late night not thinking

Daniel

pj123 11:46 27 Apr 06

Hi Daniel. Unfortunately, I am not offering any help but would just like to say it is nice to hear from you again.

I have a few qualifications in IT, C&G, HND, RSA etc but I must say that I have never been asked to produce any of these certificates at job interviews.

So maybe, having a few bits of paper means nothing???

I am retired now so my bits of paper are even more worthless.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced