help - pc buying advice for photoshop/illustrator

j-1235158 09:00 04 Feb 08

Hi everyone Im looking for a little help and advice - Im looking to buy a new pc to run the adobe creative suite on - Ive lost touch over the years with processors, ram, the lot.

The new unit would need the latest dvd drive etc.. and needs to be powerful enough to run these programs quickly but whats the cheapest option to buy that will give me good performance.

Preferably want a compact unit so it can sit alongside my existing very slow works computer so I can swap between the two.

all suggestions very thankfully received

lisa02 09:08 04 Feb 08

How much?

You give a price and then members will suggest best for the budget.

j-1235158 09:28 04 Feb 08

Hi thanks for that, as its an extra machine on top of my works one its mainly for Adobe cs Im looking at well under £400 if possible but as I say Im a little ignorant of it all at present and dont know whats realistic, dont need top of the range just needs to be fast, its the processors and memory that confuse me.

lisa02 09:58 04 Feb 08

You'd be hard pressed to beat Dell with the Inspiron 530s or the 531.

click here

I'd choose the second one and then put a graphics card in it. If you don't need the monitor call them up and get it dropped making the system cheaper.

Processors at least Core™ 2 Duo E4500 or Athlon x2 5000+ or better. At least 2GB RAM and a separate graphics card.

j-1235158 10:15 04 Feb 08

thanks Lisa I will take a look

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Glassworks Barcelona shows how it captured the artistic imagination of Conor in A Monster Calls

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…