Help !! Modem woe's

Bike-it 14:36 13 Aug 05

just been on the phone to Tiscali regarding my set up, sometimes when i switch my computer on the modem sometimes does not load, and a message saying Failed to connect to remote computer, unable to establish a connection, i would normally have to restart the computer sometimes up to three times before the modem will load, so Tiscali have advised me to buy a new usb cable as they say that the one i am currently using is faulty, ok which one do i buy, i need a v short one, some have little connector type things attached some have just the cable what's the difference.

Kate B 15:10 13 Aug 05

Hmm, sounds more as though the modem itself might be iffy, but a new cable is worth a try. Just unplug it from the modem and the computer and take it into your friendly neighbourhood computer store and ask them to point you in the direction of a replacement.

Stuartli 16:46 13 Aug 05

I presume you are using a BB modem - if so just pull the USB cable out of the modem for a few seconds and reinsert.

Allow time for the modem to initialise (both lights on and steady) and you should find it works OK.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

New Google phones UK release date | Pixel XL price, new features, specifications: Pixel X and…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This is the future of TV, VR and holograms

iPhone 7 review: Enhanced cameras, a refreshed design and water resistance make the iPhone 7 an…