Help Me Fix It, Computer Repairs

samward 20:16 19 Oct 09

Hi guys,

I live in Manchester and recently got in touch with a local computer repairs company called Help Me Fix It, after the kids managed to get viruses on both the family pc and laptop:-(

I rang the company, who fixed my computer remotely online for free (the first call is free). However, their pc repair technician told me that I would either have to pay £40 or purchase a home computer repair package to get my laptop fixed.

They have 3 different computer repair packages and I don’t know whether these are worth purchasing and if so, which one is the most value for money.
Could any of you techie guys advise me on what to do please?

The address for the site is click here and the link to compare their home it packages is at click here.

Thanks in advance!

johnnyrocker 20:17 19 Oct 09

what antivirus package do you have at present?

johnny

birdface 20:54 19 Oct 09

Must be fairly new as I can find no reviews about it on Google.
Maybe try MalwareBytes free version on your laptop and see if it finds any problems.
That might sort it out.

Forum Editor 21:20 19 Oct 09

that paying upwards of £6 a month for a service that you might only need once a year, if that, is an attractive proposition.

As far as I can see, that figure doesn't allow for any home visits, in fact not even the most expensive (£16 a month) package does that.

Unless you believe you're going to run into trouble on a fairly frequent basis I would think long and hard before paying £72 a year or more for a service you shouldn't need. We provide a fairly rapid problem-solving service here, in the Helproom forum free of any charge.

cruiser2 13:12 20 Oct 09

Hi samward,
If you are in the west of Greater Manchester, I can recommend a small computer repair shop. They built a new PC to my specifiaction this year. After sales service is very good and you can talk to the engineer while your computer is being serviced to explain the fault.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation techniques

How to mine Bitcoin on Mac