Help Me Find a Laptop (too much to choose from)

fox-knight 18:43 25 Sep 07

Hi all,
Just starting an hnc in multimedia, gonna get myself a new laptop. Has any1 seen any good offers, looking for wifi enabled, & it needs to be able to cope with programs like quark/nero,illustrator, photoshop etc which can use shed loads of memory. As a skint student i'm looking for the best deal out there, any suggestions?

not to fussed on the size of hard drive, it will need at least 1 maybe 2gb of ram, looking for a good graphics card ati radeon, nvidia as have heard thet the shared grapics steal from ur memory. Supporting at least 256 mb for video if not 128mb.

Budget is £500 asking too much?

Please Help

Bob

SANTOS7 19:12 25 Sep 07

click here

could do worse than one of these...

fox-knight 16:49 27 Sep 07

have ordered 1 from here, looks quite good, i'll keep this post open until its dilerevered, so i can comment on service details, etc.

Only issue so far is a week to deliver because im in nortern ireland.

Holty001 17:06 27 Sep 07

check out click here they are having a £50 off day tomorrow on Fujitsu laptops.
Great service and good products for students

Micheal Knight 10:39 28 Sep 07

Hi, I'm on my final year doind BSc Multimedia and Computing. I just bought one these:
click here

It's made by Lenovo (Division of IBM)

Intel Dual Core
Bluetooth
1Gb RAM
160GB Hard Disk
Built in Webcam
Built in Card Reader
Vista Home Premium.
Total: £459.00 including Delivery.

For the price and spec I couldn't find anything better from a major corporate brand.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…