help on identifying owner of Eclipse Computers

bnorth 11:26 07 Feb 08

does anyone know please who is the current owner, managing director or chief exectuive of Elipse Computers of Coventry.

Is there a website that lists such company details ??

according this site it used to be "Mr C Akhtar (Customer Services), Mr P Akhtar and Mr G Akhtar (Sales)"
click here

and possibly they still "run" the company

many thanks in advance

GANDALF <|:-)> 12:23 07 Feb 08

click here Google is your friend.

G

bnorth 12:52 07 Feb 08

thansk Gandalf,

I don't think their homepage actually has the name of the boss under its "help" (ie contact) link.

It was claimed to be run by several people with the name Akhtar in 2003 and also in 2004 from this link.
click here

I wondered if that had changed. I was thinking of sending a recorded delivery letter and wanted to address it to a named boss.

thanks again

BioBob 13:53 07 Feb 08

Wow, there's some horrendous reviews about them. It amazes me how someone can run a business yet take no pride over the service they provide.

You expect the odd knock, but so many...!

bnorth 14:04 07 Feb 08

you're right BioBob,
yet PC Advisor and the other mags constantly give their PCs rave reviews - the PC I bought was a best budget buy for Oct+ Nov 2007 !

sure maybe only disatisfied customers complain but google Chillblast or Zoostorm or Dell and you don't find pages of angry feedback ! but you do with Eclipse !! and its not that they are a large company

"The Trading Standards say this is illegal and they will act against the company if enough people complain - so DO IT TODAY! "
click here

and
"Eclipse computers are COWBOYS and extremely useless."
click here

and
"I would NEVER EVER order from them again, biggest bunch of cowboys under the sun imo.
Took over two weeks to send my order and there was a whole load of things wrong."

click here

and
"IF I DIDNT STOP MYSELF FROM PURCHASING FROM THESE MUPPETS, I WOULD HAVE PROBABLY LANDED ONE ON THE MANAGERS! "
click here

and
"DO NOT USE ECLIPSE. THEY ARE ROTTEN TO THE CORE"
click here

and
"Do not be tempted to use this company - they are cheap but their after sales service stinks"
click here

an informed assessment of the wisdom of an Eclipse purchase should take this into account

spuds 17:31 07 Feb 08

If you want to find the registered details of the directors, then try click here using the WebCHeck link for Eclipse Computer Supplies Ltd. There is a small fee payable for reports, basic company information provided free.

bnorth 18:50 07 Feb 08

thats really useful,spuds, many thanks for that !

mikef. 21:08 07 Feb 08
  bnorth 08:52 08 Feb 08

fantastic, thanks, Mike
thats 2004 I wonder if the owners could have changed since then ?

there's a guy in Portugal wants advice on buying a new PC on the webuser board
new computer from "tobionline"
click here

me may be tempted by rave reviews on Eclipse and I can't help him with a broad picture of Eclipse feedback cos they've banned me for "spamming" ( I thought forums were for sharing relevant knowledge !!).
lets hope he's happy with his PC wherever he gets it from ....

Forum Editor 11:52 09 Feb 08

and the other mags constantly give their PCs rave reviews"

As I've said before, we (and other magazines) review computers, not companies. We test the hardware that is submitted to us, and we write reviews based on the results of those tests - it's the only way to do it.

Our forum, in common with others, is certainly here so that people may share information. What you may not do - and possibly this is the reason you were banned from those other forums - is post strings of selected links to derogatory opinions that have been expressed by other consumers in other places. You may express your own opinion, certainly, but only in connection with your own experiences.

bnorth 19:44 10 Feb 08

thank you for your comments, forum editor.
I understand that PC Advisor is reviewing PCs not companies.
I also believe that purchasers of a PC would be interested in both the spec of a PC and the reputation of the company particularly if it involves product reliability and customer satisfaction.
I'm really not sure what forum rule I have broken by posting links to customer feedback on Eclipse and its certainly not my fault that most of this feedback is derogatory but I apologise if there is a rule on this,

Posting links to feedback was not the reason given for banning me from webuser (the only site that has banned me). The reason given was spamming even though I only intended to post once and reposted only when the first was deleted.

I think I am protecting PC Advisor by allowing as much information as possible on Eclipse to be made available.
Rightly or wrongly a customer who is unhappy with a purchase of a PC rated highly by yourself will be indignant at PC Advisor for recommending a product from a company that seems to have been widely condemned.
You say rating PCs not companies is the only way to do it but is it not possible as well to conduct a survey of company customer satisfaction ? For example webactivemagazine published a customer satisfaction review of ISPs recently ??

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Huawei P10 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How Nearly Normal created super-fun papercraft for Google

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos