Help with Digital Set Top Box

HowardMoon 16:01 11 Apr 07

Hi.

I hope it's ok to ask.

I have a Philips digital set top box dtr 210
and the problem is i cannot get a picture when
i turn my Cambridge Audio Dvd Recorder on.

All the leads are right according to the Philips digital set top box manual.

Can anyone help? or recommend a website/forum that caters for this.

Thanks to all that reply, much appreciated

Pine Man 16:16 11 Apr 07

If you don't get any joy here try the AV Forum at click here

They have solved a lot of my probs with digi boxes.

anskyber 16:39 11 Apr 07

I'll bet its the set up in terms of your DVD recorder. Make sure the recording menu has been set to whichever scart socket you have used for the digibox to DVD. If you have connected to AV1 then select it.

I had the same problem until I realised I had connected to AV2 but was trying to record from AV1, doh!

Totally-braindead 16:53 11 Apr 07

I have mine setup with the aerial into the digibox and the digibox then connects to the dvd recorder and the DVD recorder connects to the TV. This way I can record from the digibox if I wish and still watch a terrestrial channel at the same time.

Stuartli 11:19 12 Apr 07

That is the correct method.

It's the way mine is set up apart from the fact that I have a VCR rather than a DVD recorder.

However, to record from the Pioneer Freeview STB I have to use one of the three channels that the VCR used to use for recording satellite programmes; in my case it's L1 (VCR is a 14-year-old Mitsubishi all singing, all dancing H58 Nicam stereo model).

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

LG G6 review: Hands-on with LG’s bold, big-screen shot at perfection

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…