Help choosing a lightweight 13" laptop

si111 14:50 25 Aug 08

I'm looking to buy a laptop, with the main emphasis being on lightweight - I'll be carrying it to use on the train, taking to meetings, etc.

I want a 13.x" screen (any smaller is too small for my eyes) and any bigger will be too heavy... I'm thinking around the sub-2kg mark would be good? A good few hours of battery life is important too.

I won't be doing anything too graphics-intensive - integrated graphics would be fine - just word processing, email, maybe DVDs. But I would like it to be fast. I have a large budget and wouldn't mind spending money to have, for example, a 4GB memory etc.

At the moment I'm looking at:
Dell XPS M1330
Sony Vaio SR Series
Sony Vaio Z Series

My question is: does anyone have experience of these laptops?? How can I decide between them? Which is best to get? Are there any other laptops I should consider?

Thanks ever so much for your help
Si

tullie 14:56 25 Aug 08

Dont know an answer to your request except asking for a good few hours of battery life.The most i ave ever got o of one is two and a half hours.

Si_L 20:25 25 Aug 08

Check out the Asus EEE PC.

Dizzy Bob 20:44 25 Aug 08

I have had a Sony S series laptop for over 3 yrs now, and it has been absolutely faultless.

13.3" screen, battery is now down to about an hour, but i was originally getting 3.5-4.5 hours (turn off the bluetooth!)

Great screen, great build.

I would recommend the Sony. Both the SR and Z range are great, i guess the budget may dictate!

Good luck

DB

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…