Help choosing 22" monitor with vga and component

sumorabbit 19:53 12 Nov 07

Hi!

I'm looking at upgrading my monitor to around the 22" mark for use with my PC (via vga) and xbox 360 (via component) and would like to pick your brains for any decent ones out there.
My main priority would be with my xbox 360 for games, as my pc's graphics card (Nvidia Geforce FX5500) basically needs upgrading. However, that is something that I'm looking at doing in the future, as I'm not too familiar with the insides of a computer, and also feel that I need to change afew more things like PSU etc if I start down that route.
The make that seems to spring up in reviews seems to be Samsung with models like the SyncMaster 225MW. Most, seem, to my untrained eye to not include Component input, which is basically a must.

Any choices or favourites?

Thanks!

Clive.

wjrt 17:31 13 Nov 07

my resident expert here says that most monitors will not have a component input and that to connect to monitor get proprietary microsoft cable from your game shop which will connect x-box to vga in monitor. the samsung you mention ie 225MW has a built in tv tuner the better gaming monitor is the samsung 226BW

sumorabbit 19:52 13 Nov 07

Thanks for your response!

The only problem with connecting the 360 via vga is that as I said, my pc would also connect via it also, thereby meaning that two devices would be sharing the same port. I have this at the moment with my aging 17" monitor, and while managable, I would prefer, if possible, to choose a monitor where each device could have it's own input on the monitor.

Thanks

Clive.

wjrt 21:44 13 Nov 07

mixed reviews but might do
click here

wjrt 22:13 13 Nov 07

I was on the monitor thing but going by this the 225BW you chose before is the big brother to this and seems to have more connections than an outright monitor
click here

sumorabbit 18:58 18 Nov 07

Thanks very much for your help!

Sorry about the late response but I haven't had time to get online for long lately.

I'm still debating, and may even go down the new graphics card route as that will allow me to buy a bigger monitor for a cheaper price without the need for the component input.

Thanks again!

Clive.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sony Xperia XZ Premium review: Hands-on with the new 4K HDR phone with Motion Eye camera and Snapdr5…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best laptop for design and art 2017: we test Apple, Dell, HP, Lenovo and Microsoft's best models…

CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: CarPlay tips & troubleshooting guide: Get the most from…