Headset and Microphone.

nd33cfc 22:33 13 Jul 05

I recently purchased a game which i intend to play online. The game features Voice over Internet Protocol (VoIP) communication via a microphone and headset. I have seen several headsets ranging from £5 to £50. I would like the best performance from whichever set i decide to buy, but are the most expensive sets simply being extravagant ?
I would appreciate your comments and opinions.

I can reccomend Plantronics headsets,the V90 is particulary good.click here

That should be Audio 90 click here;jsessionid=SP5O51ZOU2RI4CQBGNUCFEYKAEZWSIV0

Dragon Heart 23:36 13 Jul 05

If you have a Tradex near you I got a USB headset & mic for £10. Works great !

Stuartli 10:07 14 Jul 05

Re Dragon Heart's suggestion, the offer also includes a switching console that costs £9.99 on its own at Maplins..:-)

I use a double output jackplug adapter for my headset and speakers - I switch the speakers off and turn the headset's volume control up and vice versa.

wiz-king 13:04 14 Jul 05

The cheaper headsets tend to be not suitable for long term use ie several hours - crushed ears or head, the sound quality will also be better in the more expensive ones. Also check that the output from the microphone is suitable for your soundcard as some of the more expensive ones will need a pre-amp.

jul 15:54 14 Jul 05

Go USB as they tend to be clearer and there is no need for a double plug, I would never go back to jack plug sets since ive had USB they are far better in my opinion

"The cheaper headsets tend to be not suitable for long term use "

wiz-king is spot on there,I went through a few cheap sets which were either unsuitable for long session usage or were just uncomfortable,thats why I got the Plantronics headphone set(from comet)and they are worth every penny.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This abstract video touches on division in our technologic world

Best alternatives to iTunes for Mac | Best music players for macOS: Free your music from the…