HDMI Cables

carver 16:11 22 Jan 11

Been looking on the net for a decent HDMI cable and cat 6 Ethernet cable and came across this click here and wondered if it was value for money.

Personally I believe it to be a bit over priced.

iambeavis 16:17 22 Jan 11

You do get free UK delivery. What more could you ask for...

jakimo 16:23 22 Jan 11

Decent cables have always cost more than indecent ones

mr simon 17:24 22 Jan 11

I was told once by a friend of mine that worked for a reputable computer company that it makes no difference how expensive a cable is that uses digital signal, you won't get an improvement between a "top of the range" over a Poundland cable.

Analogue on the other hand, does make a difference. I will see if I can find some evidence to support that.

mr simon 17:24 22 Jan 11

I was told once by a friend of mine that worked for a reputable computer company that it makes no difference how expensive a cable is that uses digital signal, you won't get an improvement between a "top of the range" over a Poundland cable.

Analogue on the other hand, does make a difference. I will see if I can find some evidence to support that.

mr simon 17:28 22 Jan 11

Sorry for the double post, click here for BBC article on the matter. Seems to back up my friend.

carver 18:23 22 Jan 11

I do know there is a difference between good and bad HDMI cables but this isn't always reflected by price, you only have to look here click here for a decent cable then compare that with this click here at 25 x the price.

But still short of that first link.

Forum Editor 18:25 22 Jan 11

from Speakers Corner.

morddwyd 19:54 22 Jan 11

"Which?" have done a report on these cables, see if you can find it on their website.

They concluded there is no discernible difference in expensive over reasonable.

I bought a 10m lead (running outside) for £8.15 from CPC and have had a perfect 1080p picture for two years.

GaT7 21:30 22 Jan 11

The good thing about digital cables is that they work or they don't - there's no middle ground like you could get with analogue cables.

I purchased a 2m HDMI cable from eBay for £1.50 delivered & it works perfectly. 7dayshop has some good value HDMI cables too click here. G

anchor 13:36 25 Jan 11

Early last year a PC mag competitor did a detailed test. They concluded that there was no difference between cheap and expensive HDMI cables.

As has been said, they either work or they don`t.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Sniper Elite 4 review: Headshotting Nazis has never felt so good

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Best Design, Illustration, Animation and VFX Awards of 2017

WWDC 2017 dates: How to get WWDC 2017 tickets, when is WWDC 2017 and more details announced