HD 6970 and Monitor

allanon 19 Dec 12

I have a 6970HD card. Can you please confirm what is the largest size monitor it can run. Will it be able to run a 24 or a 27 inch monitor at a decent resolution. I am interested in playing Skyrim and I want a bigger screen. In addition does anyone have any recommendations for a monitor. I have up to £200.00 so the 27 inch are probably out of reach.

Any help gratefully received thanks

Mr Mistoffelees 24 Dec 12

I have one of these, BenQ GW2750HM.

I have been using it for a couple of months and am very happy with it. Skyrim, with the high-res DLC and FXAA Tool to enhance colour, looks very nice on it.

D@ve 25 Dec 12

Benchmarks here show how various cards, including the 6970, perform on a variety of games at resolutions up to 2560 x 1440. I think you should be okay with your 6970.

allanon 02 Jan 13

Mr Mistoffelees, thank you for your comments. Is there any sign of ghosting during gameplaying on the Benq monitor?. I am particularly bothered about ghosting as I also play FPS and I have had problems with ghosting previously. Thanks for your time.

Thanks D@ve for your response as well

Advertisement

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Should I upgrade to Windows 10? 8 reasons why you should upgrade to Windows 10... and 2 why you…

We are being sold the ability to spend money we don't have. And we love it

Wacom Cintiq 27QHD review

How to use Apple Music in the UK: Complete guide to Apple Music's features

We use cookies to provide you with a better experience. If you continue to use this site, we'll assume you're happy with this. Alternatively, click here to find out how to manage these cookies

hide cookie message