HCi

steve263000 17:54 25 Oct 04

My firm is going with the Home Computer initiative soon, and I am thinking of upgrading by using it. go to click here to see it. Go to the business section and click on HCi.
Has any of the forum had dealings with it, and what are your thoughts?

TomJerry 19:04 25 Oct 04

If it is Evesham, many happy users here.

steve263000 07:18 26 Oct 04

Evesham are running the initiative for the government. I was just wondering if any of the members have used this way of getting a new computer. In my firms case, for me to get a top of the range Evesham computer with all the bells and whistles, would cost about £26 pm taken from my wages. Seems a good deal to me, what do you all think?

TomJerry 09:20 26 Oct 04

?

TomJerry 09:25 26 Oct 04

basically you got tax "reduced". For the machine you selected, I think you save around £200 to £300.

steve263000 08:28 27 Oct 04

The machine that I have in mind has a 3.4g processor, 200gb hard, and at least 512mb memory, with the opportunity to upgrade to 1gb. You pay for three years, and that includes on site warranty. At the end of three years, you either pay a small sum and keep it, or then carry on and change for the latest spec. And what will be around in three years we wonder? Not a bad deal I think, and if you are in a large firm, why not find out if they are going to be in it?

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…