HBO channel?

ella33 22:18 01 Jan 11

I have heard that it will be available on Sky, in January at no cost. Does anyone know when it is coming? As I don't have Sky, I wondered if it would be available on freview.

ella33 23:29 01 Jan 11

ha ha Sky news it is then :-)

Thanks for the links, Lazarus the 2nd

morddwyd 07:51 02 Jan 11

Some of their programmes are in the top range - The Wire, The Sopranos, X Files, Band of Brothers - but an awful lot aren't!

ella33 10:00 02 Jan 11

It was the Temple Grandin movie that people were talking about, I thought there might be more unusual things of that kind. I do seem to find that each channel has a few good programmes/films and other times they seem a waste of space, which makes paying for a specific channel a debatable matter! However, I only had Sky while in digs over three years ago, so I haven't really explored recently to see if some of the deals have a good assortment of programmes.

dms_05 14:37 02 Jan 11

ella33 - the problem is everyone has different tastes and rubbish to one viewer is favourite viewing to another.

I'm sure Sky are using this new Sky Atlantic channel to differentiate them from the other content providers like Virgin and BT. They don't have it and won't get it but Sky customers do and no additional cost.

morddwyd 16:53 02 Jan 11

"I'm sure Sky are using this new Sky Atlantic channel to differentiate them from the other content providers "

You're too trusting.

I think they will use it to recycle all the old rubbish and describe it as "Première Showing"!

ella33 21:21 02 Jan 11

ha ha ha ha

But I do find that I often want a Sky channel just for this or that, like now but probably wouldn't want to pay for it the rest of the time!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…