Have you emailed me?

Forum Editor 14:16 02 Feb 03

Over the past couple of months I have noticed a big increase in the number of emails I get from forum members about their problems. Whilst I am always pleased to hear from you I can't enter into email correspondence about individual computer problems on a one-to-one basis - there just isn't enough time, and we already receive hundreds of messages from the forum on other matters.
Often I'm aware that a forum member has clicked on the 'Contact moderator' button in error - when he/she really meant to post a response in the thread. This sends an email to me, and invariably I end up pointing the person back to the thread.

The email links are there to be used when something has to be dealt with privately, or when a person has asked to be contacted in that way - not as a general means of problem solving. If email is used it prevents other forum users from seeing the way a problem's solved.

I'll continue to welcome emails on any subject, but please don't ask for personal help with a computer problem - with the best will in the world we don't have the resources to cope.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…