Have Dell stopped supplying Vista DVDs ?

setecio 11:24 02 Oct 08

Dell used to offer a £10 option to get a vista DVD with their systems, which is useful if problems are encountered in the future. I don't see this option on their site anymore.

Have they given in to the process written on this site a year ago and do they now only supply a recovery partition. What are the options if the Hard Drive breaks ?

click here

>>>>>>>>
chkdsk error - Chad Harris
28-Oct-07 03:44:27

Dell branded re-installation dvd of Windows Vista Home Premium 32BIT=I assume the long way of saying Dell shipped you a Vista DVD and put their
name on it but the important point is that it be a Vista DVD and not one of those recovery pieces of crap that MSFT forces OEMs to ship nearly the
entire population of their end user customers who buy Vista via preloaded OEM machines from the 300 named partners chiefly due to the direction of
MSFT Accountant and OEM VP Scott Di Valerio one of the few MSFT executives who walls his office off from phone calls.

ventanas 12:24 02 Oct 08

I've recently bought 7 Dell machines, a mixture of Vostro laptops and desktops. Everyone came with a full set uf DVD's as standard.
But perhaps the business side is different.

setecio 13:16 02 Oct 08

When you say a full set, yes they come with driver CDs and MS works / MS office CDs, but are you sure they cam with actual 'Windows Vista DVDs' ?

GRIDD 13:48 02 Oct 08

Not a full Vista DVD per se. It's a Dell operating system disk.

It is a Vista disk but tailored to go back on your dell system and it comes as standard. Well it did with our home Inpirons and XPS.

ventanas 16:09 02 Oct 08

Yep, but all Dell Windows discs are like that because the system is heavily contaminated with little Dell bits and pieces. But to all intents and purposes they are full Vista DVD's.

And Yes, I am sure. I know what a Vista DVD looks like, I have quite a number of them.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…