Hauppauge DEC 2000 - Missing channels

kinger 18:07 03 Dec 03

Is it me?

I could have sworn that I received ITV1 and Channel 4 on my Freeview system from Hauppauge when I first installed it a couple of months ago.

However, recently, no matter how many times I re-tune the device, I can't get either channel.

I get all the rest perfectly with no break up of picture and perfect sound. Have these channels been removed from Freeview?

Salinger 19:41 03 Dec 03

When you say "re-tune" do you mean re-scanning for the channels?

canard 22:29 03 Dec 03

Do you need to update the software? It says in a not Hauppage manual that channels may get moved and that an update is the only way to find their new wavelengths.

canard 22:30 03 Dec 03

And yes channel4 and ITVI are still on Freeview.

Salinger 15:41 04 Dec 03

The DEC 2000 is a set top box which can be connected to TV or computer, but you're right, channels can be moved and a re-scan is necessary to re locate them

canard 22:20 04 Dec 03

My instruction booklet says that the channels may, from time to time, actually move and that without the download updates you won't be able to get them. Am new to all this so have no experience of updating or channels going walkies.

Salinger 22:42 04 Dec 03

Your instruction book may well be right, but re-scanning all available channels is, in effect, downloading all available channels again.

Salinger 22:30 05 Dec 03

I take it kinger has disappeared into a Black Hole?

canard 18:39 06 Dec 03

Leaving us hanging on to our seats with suspense.

kinger 19:06 06 Dec 03

Thanks for your input.

Sorry for the delay, had to go to work.

I have updated the software which didn't cure the problem in itself (introduced another one though) but I put in a new aerial and can now get all the channels, thanks again.

Teletext won't work since I updated the software so now I'm waiting for Hauppauge to get back to me.

Cheers for all the replies folks.

canard 00:07 07 Dec 03

Glad you got prob licked kinger.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…