Has Planet Micro Gone?

Snec 00:07 15 Nov 06

Does anyone know if Planet Micro are still in business because their website has been down for over a week now.

Their after-sales service and expecting someone to pick up a phone has always been poor but they sold/sell good quality base units at the right price. I fear the worst!

BRYNIT 00:45 15 Nov 06

Quick check at Planetmicro. CO. UK web site found

Our site is currently down for maintenance

Please try again in a few hours.

Our apologies for any inconvenience

Snec 01:11 15 Nov 06

Yes, and that's how it has been for over a week. I think they must have gone since sales is their business it seems unlikely that they would be offline for so long if they were still with us.

anchor 11:48 15 Nov 06

Now saying: "Our show room is open from Monday 6th November. Site opening soon".

However, it does not look good. I found another forum thread on the same topic, dating back to mid October. Their site was down then.

click here

The Canadian site "planetmicro . com" seems to be operating normally, but not the UK branch. Perhaps the PCA editorial staff may have more info:.

fatviking 17:57 15 Nov 06

put it this way - their Altrincham branch is now "Cheshire Computers" or something.....

spuds 18:16 15 Nov 06

Looks like new management!.

pc613 08:08 16 Nov 06

If its the firm with the Leeds address Companies house has them down as dessolved end of june 2006

Jim Adama 10:31 02 Feb 11

Planet Micro UK has gone, the Canadian Planet Micro - Based in London Canada has no connections with the UK company.
The nearest connection to Planetmicro UL Ltd is Micro Direct, BUT Micro Direct is a Older company and has no part in Planet Micro - which was wound up by the Official recivers in 2006.

So yes Planetmicro.co.uk has long gone.

spuds 10:39 02 Feb 11

And this thread is over 4 years old, when the question was asked and possibly closed ;o)

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro (2017) vs Surface Pro 4

20 groundbreaking 3D animation technologies coming to Siggraph 2017

iPad Pro 12.9 vs Surface Pro 5