Has anyone of you tried mozy online backup before?

longjosh911 09:30 01 Dec 14

Hi guys,

I am thinking about setting up an online backup of my files (mostly fotos). In the course of my research, I happened to stumble upon mozy's site. Has anyone here tried mozy online backup before? Would you recommend it? What are the alternatives?

Thx for your help!

wee eddie 11:07 01 Dec 14

Used Mozy's free volume for several years for several critical files which needed to be off site. Very happy but never had to do a restore so can't say for certain.

Now use Nero - Backitup's Free Volume for the same task. Also very happy but never had to do a restore so can't say for certain.

AmandaEstephan 13:24 03 Dec 14

I'm currently using Zoolz Business, but if you're only looking to backup pictures you can try the Home Version it is cheaper than any other service but still reliable as they are using the Amazon Cloud to store clients' data. click here

wee eddie 13:43 03 Dec 14

I think that you should consider the cost of On-line Backup. It can be very expensive if you have a considerable Volume of Files and, if you fail to pay the Annual Fee, you could lose the lot.

The cost, and physical size, of External hard Drives has dropped considerably in the last couple of years, and when compared to the cost per gigabyte with on-line are very competitive.

Like all backup methods, a mixture of mediums can be advantageous.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Prehistoric Britain is laid out in these Royal Mail stamp illustrations

Best running headphones | Best sport & fitness headphones: 4 brilliant pairs of wireless…