Has anyone used Canon Pixma ip1500 printer

catcha125 14:19 16 May 05

I am looking to buy a new printer as the HP one I have now is costing too much for ink. I have looked at the Canon Pixma ip1500 and the Epson C46 but don't know which one is the best deal. Does anyone know which one, or any other one would be the best deal?

maz2 14:55 16 May 05

I've got the Canon Pixma ip3000 and it's very good. I've always sworn by Epson but this one is far superior and the compatibles are very cheap

pj123 15:41 16 May 05

The Epson C46 is an old printer. For comparison between the Canon and Epson try the Epson R300. Both look about the same to me. I have the Epson R200 and print quality is very good. The R300 has a card reader built-in, the R200 doesn't.

I use compatible cartridges (£14.98) for all 6 from Choice Stationery. The Canon only has 4 cartridges at £2.50 for black and £2.00 each for the 3 colour. Again from Choice Stationery.

Choice stationery is click here

click here for the Canon and

click here for the Epson

leo49 16:20 16 May 05

My mate's just bought the Canon IP5000 and it's superb - knocks spots off my R300. It's certainly top of the list for my next printer.

Compuguy 16:25 16 May 05

I am considering PIXMA iP (probably 3000 or 5000) but can't get a straight answer from Canon about media weight\type - they will only quote Canon's own media. I need to do some photo work but also need to print labels, greeting cards as well as envelopes and plain paper. Is anyone using PIXMA machine with labels and greeting card stock? Thanks in advance - Jim

pj123 17:28 16 May 05

Compuguy, this is what the spec says

Media Type Envelopes • Glossy Photo Paper • High Resolution Paper • Iron-On Transfers • Matte Photo Paper • Photo Paper • Photo Stickers • Plain Paper • Semi-Gloss Photo Paper • Transparencies

I don't see any reason why it shouldn't include Labels or Greeting Cards.

The Kestrel 19:11 16 May 05

I bought the Pixma 3000 several months ago. It is a superb machine, photographs are fantastic quality and print much quicker than my old epson machine. The borderless prints also look much better than the usual white edges on other systems. Having separate colour tanks is also really useful and saves money. If you can afford the extra money, I would recommend you buy the 3000 rather than the 1500 model.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface Studio PC release date, pricing, design, features and spec: Microsoft showcases…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

This amazing app turns your iPad Pro into a Cintiq

Apple Q4 2016 financial results | Apple earnings report: iPhone, iPad and Mac sales down, profits d6…