Has anyone signed up to Amazon Prime?

User2008 21:16 03 Aug 08

I have signed up for the month to get free 'one-day' deliveries with an order I've just placed. I'll place more with Amazon through out the month as free express P&P will make their service unbeatable.

At the end of the month they will charge you £49 for the year if you allow it to. To stop it go into the account section and choose "Do not upgrade" a bit before the 30 day trial expires.

Regards,

User2008

User2008 00:05 05 Aug 08

No one?

€dstowe 08:15 05 Aug 08

I know someone who has signed. She owns a bookshop and all special order books she buys from Amazon. She then puts her markup on and sells to her customer. Quite often it is a lot cheaper for her than buying a single copy from a publisher or wholesale book distributor.

I suppose the system is OK if you buy a large amount from Amazon but, for the casual user, it could work out to be very expensive.

For my own purchases from Amazon and elsewhere, I usually opt for free delivery or the cheapest rate as most of my stuff from such places is not urgent - see my ebuyer thread.

User2008 16:11 06 Aug 08

I think it's advantageous for me as I almost never use the supersaver delivery and always pay for postage to get it quicker - I'm rather impatient.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands-on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Method Studios' title sequence for BBC series Taboo is truly unsettling

Best Pages for iOS tips | How to use Pages for iPad & iPhone: 6 simple tips to get more out of…