Has anyone managed to buy..........

Tim1964 23:32 12 Sep 03

Has anyone managed to buy the Sonicblue Rio Riot HDD based mp3 player from amazon.co.uk as advertised in the frame on the left hand side of the 'helproom' page?

Or is this just a marketing ploy, like travel agents who advertised non-existent holidays in the windows to get you in the store?

Having scoured the net for the last few days I can understand why they may have sold out but the relevant page has no way of ordering the item.

GANDALF <|:-)> 23:59 12 Sep 03

Allow me to help you........click here

Tim1964 10:38 13 Sep 03

Thanks for the link GANDALF <|:-)> but, the ad on the left side of the forum pages says £99 from Amazon itself. The link provided is from third party sellers and at nearly twice the price. I would have thought that Amazon should be obliged to remove the ad if they have no intention of selling/restocking the item.

I suppose it serves it's purpose of getting the link 'clicked'.

pj123 20:57 13 Sep 03

Tim1964, I agree with you entirely, it definitely says £99.99 but nowhere on the site is there anywhere to buy at that price. The other thing I don't understand about Amazon is "Buy New £165" "Buy Used £190" How does a used item sell for £25 more than buying it new?, and who would want to buy it at the used price? I think the ad should come off if it isn't available at the price stated.

Belatucadrus 21:18 13 Sep 03

I think the used price is set by the seller, who is it appears impossibly optimistic about his chances of closing the deal.

Jester2K II 21:46 13 Sep 03

Also it comes

"Like New - slightly worn has 1147 tracks pre-loaded"

GANDALF <|:-)> 00:02 14 Sep 03

I have always felt that Amazon have gone further down the pan since allowing a bunch of over-priced losers to sell their tat on Amazons' site. ;-)) I've a feeling that the £99 was a mistake and Amazon have done some hasty editing a la Kodak.

G

Stuartli 15:26 14 Sep 03

amazon often advertises used items at higher prices than the new product....:-)

Tim1964 23:11 25 Sep 03

On the left hand frame, shame really at that price I would definately have gone for it.

OH well.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…