HAS ANYONE BOUGHT A CARRERA SSC PC IN RECENTLY?

british bulldog 18:52 10 Jun 03

I know carrera ran into trouble a while back,what i would like to know,is it safe to buy a new carrera ssc pc?if anyone has bought one what do you think of it?

dunlops up 03:25 11 Jun 03

I am also interested I have had a look on their web site and they seem good. Come on, somebody must have some info

simonp1 08:13 11 Jun 03

Did you know Carrera recently went bump? they might have started trading again but for how long? If it was my purchase i would choose a stronger company.

beattyben 08:59 15 Jun 03

I recently purchased a machine from Carrera, after day 1, cd rewriter failed, eventually a new one was installed, 2 days later both cd rewriter and dvd drives failed. It took almost 10 weeks for Carrera to build and deliver a new machine, they only offered me £50 compensation for all the grief they caused me. New machine seems OK at the moment but as yet no sign of the compensation!!! I wish now I had gone to a more reliable company eg Evesham. Think before you buy.

steve0 09:31 15 Jun 03

I've had a Carrera machine for 10 months now. Works well, except that USB headers on motherboard don't work - rear ones OK. Machine is fast and looks smart, so I'm pleased with it. Buying system box - no monitor - was almost same price as building myself, and components were what I would have chosed anyway.

But....Lots of people have trouble with company - just do a search on them. A friend bought one recently, advertised as 5.1 sound and tv card. But if you use the on board sound it is impossible to use tv card as no line in. Carerra support is pretty useless.

I think all companies have problems with support these days. For work machines I have always ordered Dell, and their support has been pretty good.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Christmas Agency Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…