Happy Christmas UKDVDR Ltd.

LastChip 15:47 25 Dec 05

As it's Christmas, I decided I would share a little story with you all, that has a Happy Ending.

Recently, for the first time ever, I decided to use UKDVDR click here to supply some blank DVD's for me. I found the stock that I wanted and placed my order for two packs.

Whenever you use an one-line company for the first time, I guess there is always a little uncertainty about how good the service is; if promises will be kept and so on and presumably, as a new customer, the company also has reservations about whether they are dealing with bona fide consumers that are straight forward in their dealings.

Anyway, the company promises to send products the same day (if ordered before 3.00 pm) and critically, claim to be "completely dedicated to your total satisfaction".

Sure enough, after my order was placed, the very next day it arrived. Sadly, only one of the two packs arrived, so I investigated their complaints procedure and e-mailed them as recommended.

Without going into a long diatribe about the exchanges of information, suffice to say, this problem was dealt with promptly, courteously, efficiently and professionally. My second pack was sent to me quickly (bearing in mind the Christmas post) and this company has indeed satisfied its claim to be dedicated to my total satisfaction.

The proof of an outstanding company, is not so much orders that are processed day after day without error (though that is clearly a step in the right direction), but how they deal with problems when things don't go quite as planned.

So fellow members, this company comes highly praised and recommended as far as I am concerned and I hope some of you will give them the opportunity, to show just how good they are.

Totally-braindead 17:52 25 Dec 05

A very good point LastChip and one I full heartedly agree with, half of customer satisfaction comes from the company sorting things out quickly and efficiently when things do go wrong, after all everyone makes mistakes.

GaT7 18:28 25 Dec 05

Glad that went well LastChip : )

Best to avoid this one though click here. G

Stuartli 21:24 25 Dec 05

The website's price for 50 Imation CD-Rs in a retail tub is very keen.

However, the p and p charges jump dramatically the more items of all types you add...:-(

LastChip 22:11 25 Dec 05

I guess there is a "sweet spot" regarding shipping charges. With a minimum of £1.85p + vat and a maximum of £5.96p + vat, I don't think you could call it expensive. If you want courier delivery, then it's more expensive, but that is common to most on-line retailers.

For example, my two drums of DVD's had a shipping cost of £2.99p + vat, which seems perfectly comparable with elsewhere and even using the grand total of the invoice, the cost per disc, was still very reasonably priced. In fact shipping added about 17.6p per disc and incidentally, still came out cheaper overall than previous suppliers.

Stuartli 23:06 25 Dec 05

Well I decided to order two packs each of A6 and A4 photo paper and it came to under £8 including p and p, which was an excellent buy.

But when I added a 50 disk Imation CD-R retail tub it jumped to more than £17....:-)

Annoying, as I use these superb disks all the time, buying them from Morrison's.

LastChip 23:49 25 Dec 05

The figures I quoted above, came directly from their terms and conditions, which clearly define £5.96p + vat as a maximum. (not for courier).

My experience has been as stated, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear you say you got an excellent response.

It's just possible there is a bug or incorrect data entry on the site and I'm sure they would be very pleased to know, if that were the case.

The shipping I paid was for two packs of ten discs (twenty in all) which even if doubled, would not come to anything like £17.00p. If you do that, I'd be interested to hear the result.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

iPhone 7 Plus review: better cameras and waterproofing make this the best iPhone yet

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Apple to launch new Macs and MacBook Pros at an event on October 27

iPhone vs Android | iOS vs Android: 5 reasons why Apple's iPhones beat Google Android smartphones ()…