Happy Bunny!!

bfoc 15:52 28 Jul 03

On Saturday I was looking for accommodation for tomorrow night on a well known last minute travel site. The search produced one hotel with, just for that night, double rooms with breakfast for £8! I booked 2, one for my wife and one for my daughter and her friend. I received a confirmation of the booking and notification that my CC would be debited.

When I checked the same hotel's standard rate was £170 a night. So I emailed the travel site to check that they were charging me and that there was no more to pay. They replied sying that they had 'reviewed my booking' and debited my card and there would be no more charges for accommodation.

Today I got a phone call from the hotel saying there must have been a mistake. I explained what had happened and also that on receiving reassurances from the travel site had booked and paid for theatre tickets. They agreed that they should take the matter up with the travel site.

I just heard that they will honour the booking because the travel site had confirmed it twice!

Maybe my luck is changing!

Djohn 16:09 28 Jul 03

Great news, pleased for you. :o)

Stuartli 17:24 28 Jul 03

A splendid example of good will.

But I bet the travel site's representatives get a flea in the ear...:-)

bfoc 17:52 28 Jul 03

It was initially a case of a 'wrong' decimal point! Quite why, when it was 'reviewed', it wasn't picked up, I'm not sure!

The hotel, who have been great, did say they would also do me discounts in the future but 'not this much'!

Since I have had a bad few weeks, with a knee op and then complications meaning I had to cancel a holiday, perhaps things are beginning to even out!

Thanks for the wishes Djohn.

comsuppwor 22:19 28 Jul 03

Now funny ,that.
I was thinking of the Grand Palace in Venice.
Can you book it for me. *:o

spuds 23:37 28 Jul 03

Great customer satisfaction and service. These are the type of stories, that deserve great praise.

bfoc 17:06 30 Jul 03

From the stay.

Absolutely excellent!

Great room, pool and wonderful breakfast, friendly and helpful staff and all for £4 each!!

Ah well back to reality, physios and doctors tomorrow.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Surface Pro 5 News - release date, UK price, features, specs

Microsoft Surface Studio hands-on review: the iMac killer is here

Best Mac antivirus 2017