Hands-up whos bought a Panasonic DVD rewriter?

led_snapper 11:57 03 Mar 03

I did, and now am beginning to wonder if I did the wrong thing since good 'ol Bill (sic) has decided to opt for supporting the DVD rewritable format that aint supported by my drive (and Toshiba amgonst the others). FYI the Panasonic drvie works with DVD-RAM and DVD-R (non rewritable) discs and Microsoft has decided to support DVD+RW.
I've only just gone and bought the thing and installed it. Wonder if I could go send it back to Ebuyer now??? Like that'll be easy I bet...(TIC)

TBH1 12:26 03 Mar 03

this has been on the cards for ages now - - out of the 3 formats for DVD, the DVD-R is the less popular.You should still be able to use for your back-up purposes though, even sticking your movie files to - - - just won't be able to play on stand-alone devices.

TBH1 13:27 03 Mar 03

- - just won't be able to play on most stand-alone devices.

led_snapper 14:31 03 Mar 03

I do hope they continue to supply media though at a reasonable cost. I want to use it to archive stuff you see as I am a photographer whos recently gone digital, and am using way too many CD's now. The RAM discs i would only use for Backing up things like C drives. I plan to use DVD-r's mostly for my archiving purposes. I hope whatver standard is settled on in future it will read these discs. Its abt time ISO went and settled this one as they did for CD's whichever gets ISO means that'll be supported more permanently.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

How to get Windows 10 for free | How to install Windows 10: There is still a way to avoid paying…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Alex Chinneck’s giant ice cube Christmas tree at Kings Cross

Apple rumours & predictions 2017: The iPhone 8, new iPads, and everything else you should expect fr7…