"Grey gamers" helping to boost sales.

TOPCAT® 14:42 03 Dec 03

Well, you either love 'em or hate 'em, but I've must confess some are great fun. Not reached the addictive stage yet but my TV watching has certainly declined.

Now, how do you get into this multiplay thingy ...?? :o)) TC.

click here

sil_ver 14:46 03 Dec 03

Not just me them :-)

IClaudio 17:23 03 Dec 03

wot, 'grey gamers'? ;)

I'm going to be picking up my free bus pass in a couple of years, and I spend much of my free time sniping horrible 14-year-old Americans with names like B33tmup...

I'm addicted to online games, but I have the disposable income to buy the games and then sit for several hours a day at the business end of a virtual gun. How these teenagers find the time, I don't know <mutter mutter grump>

I love multiplayer games, and although my trigger finger isn't as 'twitchy' as some of the 'youngsters' and I die a lot, I find that experience counts for much, so I can watch the other players 'bunny-hopping' around and then place a well-aimed shot between their eyes from my distant vantage point. It gives me a nice warm feeling....

Call of Duty is a great game if you prefer to sit in the trees above the action and take the occasional potshot, and Medal of Honour is great for frenetic hand-to-hand mayhem. Battlefield 1942 is for the team-player, while Halo is just beserk fragging from beginning to end!

Most of my friends think I'm wierd, because otherwise, I'm perfectly normal and respectable - actually, I don't admit my gaming obsession to most people!

Hope to kill you soon :))

sil_ver 18:36 03 Dec 03

Great minds etc.......... my bus pass started 6 years ago

citadel 22:18 03 Dec 03

You need broadband to get the full benifit of online games, plus a fast computer with good graphics card helps. Beware there are a lot of cheats using programmes that give them an unfair advantage.

sil_ver 22:46 03 Dec 03

Cheats make themselves pretty obvious and finish up as billy no mates

I always find playing with the so called grey gamer's more fun at time's...

As was said the Spotty 14 year old's (i am only 19) tend to wanna spoil the game i find, especially in battlefield 1942! taking the plane's/tank's/battleship's and not using them for any purpose other than blowing up their team...

The grey gamer's though, well good bunch of people, good fun, good team player's that make some games enjoyable!

Anyhow if you guy's have either battlefield, medal of honour or call of duty, come to exiled-gamers.co.uk and you are more than welcome on our server's if you want, we just play for fun, anyone that is stupid is promptly removed.....

Most of the people at exiled gamer's are actually also PCA people, just we set up somewhere to talk purely of game's!

wags 00:00 04 Dec 03

I can vouch for everything Pilch has said...come join in the fun with exiled gamers !

wags ( I am a balding and slightly grey 37 year old gamer !)

simonp1 00:53 04 Dec 03

Pilch still a baby eh...agree come to exiled for mature no cheat gaming..

As a matter of interest my MOH clan only now allows "older " members yes we are agest...

But we played a clan the other week and their youngest member was 55....the rest range between 60-70...i couldnt belive it....it was nice to know im not that old after all

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch (Nintendo NX) release date, price, specs and preview trailer: Codename NX console…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

8 things designers (and brands) need to know about the modern woman

How to speed up a slow Mac: 19 great tips to make an iMac, MacBook or Mac mini run faster | Speed…