Great Deal on ebay - Xt6200 - too good to be true?

Tuney 21:12 22 Jan 04

Hello, everyone and thanks for your help last time that I posted. I need some more advice please. What do you think to this laptop that I'm tempted to buy from ebay? It's a HP Omnibook Xt6200 and is only £570. The thing that is a bit dodgy is that on the HP site it has 1.8Ghz and 30Gb in the specs but these are listed as 1.4Ghz and 20Gb on ebay. It's supposed to be from Taiwan, has this any bearing? I know I sound a bit 'duh' but my eternal optimism is raising it's ugly head again. Any tips that you may have for a good laptop for my daughter's A level requirements would be gratefully received. Thanks in anticipation.

andrew-216448 21:28 22 Jan 04

it is a used laptop. might as well buy a brand new one. you could find a better spec laptop for around 650-750 quid. just shop around. not a good deal.

I agree, not a great deal.

Check out wclick here and go to labs - budget laptops (nov 03) to see what you could get new.

Sorry - to be precise its reviews - labs - budget laptops (nov 03).

PPS. - Dont go for the Multivision - they have gone bust !!

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

The Pantone Colour of the Year 2017 is Green

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…