Graphics card question

daemo 08:55 22 Nov 05

Hi,
I'm looking to buy a new PC, preferably with a mini-ITX. I'd like to ask how good are the on board graphics cards, specially on mini-ITX's. I dont want to play games on this PC, but watching videos will be a must. If I have 512 ram on the pc, with the on board graphics card, will it be enough? Also, Intel motherboard, or AMD?
Also wanted to ask, which is the cheapest AGP graphics card which supports output for 2 monitors?

Thanks in advance,
Duarte

Diodorus Siculus 10:43 22 Nov 05

click here for one that seems good value and does what you want.

Are you thinking to build an entertainment PC?

Harpur 10:48 22 Nov 05

if you are looking to do any video work gaming or tv, then onboard will be insufficient

daemo 06:34 23 Nov 05

I'm actually looking for a motherboard with an onboard video card which supports vertical monitor display, is there anything on the market like that? micro-atx would be alright. Preferably the on board graphics card would be powerful enough to play videos for a significant amount of time, like 6 hours straight without causing significant overheat to the board itself.
Should I go for intel or AMD? I know that AMD tends to get hotter...

jbp1982 10:09 23 Nov 05

AMD is the best at the moment.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…