GRACENOTE FOR VINYL LP?

elaric 11:11 31 Dec 09

Can anyone suggest a good software pack that will automatically find title details etc, to print off CD covers having converted my vinyl to disc.
Thanks Elaric

100andthirty 16:32 31 Dec 09

I think you will seriously struggle to do this.

Gracenote and so on use info about the file size and combinations of files to work out which albums and tracks are bening sent to it. When you digitise an LP it's inconceivable that you will create the same file sizes as on the CD version of the same thing.

I don't know what software you use to copy the LP's and then create the CD, but perhaps that has a CD label printer.

I use Acoustica CD label maker. It's not free, but it's very good.

to get album covers onto the CD I either photographed the sleeve (front and back), or scanned the sleeve in two halves for each of the front and the back and joined them in Paint Shop Pro - aboutb half an hour's work per sleeve!

elaric 13:49 01 Jan 10

Thanks for your quick response 100andthirty. April 08 the mag contained detail of the Ion turntable which
"comes with the EZ vinyl converter software, while the Gracenote MusicID database recognises tracks and adds their details to your music library"
I was hoping that perhaps things had moved on and that tune recognition is a possibility.
Happy new year,
Elaric

100andthirty 19:33 01 Jan 10

I've just tried to use the database that is accessed by Windows Media Player with poor success! It doesn't work at all in Creative media center (only for ripped CD's)

don't know about things line Winamp

100andthirty 12:32 02 Jan 10

The EZ Vinyl Converter software does claim to identify tracks from the Gracenote database. My advice is to give it a try, but it's not all that hard to enter the track names by hand; that's the least hard task in converting!

elaric 13:13 03 Jan 10

Thanks for your efforts 100andthirty
elaric

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Best phone camera 2016/2017: Galaxy S7 vs iPhone 7 vs Google Pixel vs HTC 10 Evo vs OnePlus 3T vs…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

These are the Best Christmas Ads and Studio Projects of 2016

Super Mario Run preview | Hands-on first impressions of Super Mario Run: Mario's iPhone & iPad…