Got some money back !!

rupie 19:24 01 Sep 05

I live in the country and just after xmas a company came to install wireless BBand in my village. It cost £100 setup fee, and then a 1 year contract. They installed hardware on and in your house so I thought this was fair. It worked for afew months and then the connection began failing. I called the engineer out who changed things, it did not help much and after numerous visits I ended up with a 14ft aerial on top of my roof and a connection that did not work. I had been not paying monthly rental for 4 months, as the system hardly worked. The node is 1.6mile away, I can see it from my spare room window. There are no hills or trees or buildings. Each time some one came out they had not been told what the problem was. Sometimes they had no equipment. I had to tell them where and how far away the node was. There were only 3 people on my network and 1 engineer said the connection was 1meg, another said it was 2. They never tested the signal and even when I showed them the graphs of signal strength and RSSI, from their software I got conflicting anwsers. In the end I had had enough. Under the advise of trading standards I Let them formally know that I felt they too were under the same 1 yaer contract as me and because they had failed to supply a 'proper' service they were in breach. An engineer came out the next day and I told him that if they failed to get it working then to take all the kit away. He was supprised as the office had not told him why he was here. After 1 hour the system did not work properly so I hold them to take it all away.
I wrote a letter to the company claiming compensation for breach of contract and wanted £66 of my £100 back. I never thought about it and never expected a reply.
Behold!!!!!! the other week I got a cheque from them for £66 with no argueing or having to be chased. It even came with a letter of apology.
Some stories do have a happy ending. The company was Ehotspot.

Forum Editor 00:24 02 Sep 05

Well done.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

What is ransomware and how do I protect my PC from WannaCry?

What I learned from my mentor, Oscar-winning VFX supervisor Phil Tippett

Siri vs Google Assistant