Goodbye Morgan Computers(as we knew it)

dastardly mutt 09:55 10 Nov 09

click here

The website is up and running with the new owner in situ.
click here

Simsy 10:03 10 Nov 09

I've used them in person for lot's of things in the past, including a complete system for mmy sister.

the west London warehouse was convenient for me.

The customer service was very good.

I guess thing's computing have come down so much, in real terms, in recent years, that it's become difficult to sell things even cheaper, and make a profit, and maintain stores!

If the customer service with regards to returns remains the same I wish the new owners well.

Regards,

Simsy

Kevscar1 10:08 11 Nov 09

Had a look out of interest.
90 day warrenty on camera.
9 months on laptop.
Don't think I'll be buying from them.

interzone55 10:30 11 Nov 09

Most of Morgan's stock is reconditioned, either ex-lease corporate kit or manufacturers returns.

Hence the short warranties.

I've bought two refurbished IBM Thinkpads from them, one in 1999 and one in 2003, both are still going strong...

Pauldunstan 11:45 11 Nov 09

I've bought several pieces of kit from them and always found the store staff very helpful. It's a shame their stores have gone while cpw and pcw continue to operate

PalaeoBill 15:57 11 Nov 09

I've bought from them over the years too. Very easy transactions and most helpful staff. Shame to see them go.

spuds 19:34 11 Nov 09

I have used Morgan's for a number of years, but over the past two, I was of the impression that their competativeness had gone a little. Use to get their regular 'flyer' and email newsletters, but these seemed to be an hit and miss affair of late.

Would seem as though we now have an answer.

The new owner of the website IJT, have been around possibly 2/4 years that I know about, when they started by selling printer cartridges and compatibles. Good at the beginning, but as they got bigger and expanded into other things, prices seemed to go up and it was just as cheap to go elsewhere for the cartridges that I was using at the time.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

The Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild review: Five hours with Zelda on the Nintendo Switch

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

The 22 best Safari extensions | Best Safari plugins: Improve Apple's Safari web browser with these…