A good word for Currys

wee eddie 13:32 10 Jan 08

My Sister bought me a DVD player for my Christmas.

It was in mid November, in Bath, and she actually thought that it was a CD Player for my Stereo.

Today, I managed to get to the nearest Currys in Ayr ~ Scotland, almost two months later.

They were very helpful and once we had given them the Date of Purchase, Shop Address and Invoice Number. They immediately printed out a Credit Note which I used to buy a Bluetooth Dongle.

Full Marks Currys & Thank you Erica for a lovely Christmas Present.

lisa02 14:57 10 Jan 08

Bad word for currys.

They sold her a returned one that had the previous owners files and name still on it.

My sister in law wanted their sale emachines at 329 quid. Upon purchasing they said they had no emachines monitor and substituted in an advent...

When I set it up I showed her the stuff but she was happy to keep it as currys was showing nil stock and didn't know when they'd get them in.

I reinstalled Vista (formatted computer) for her and the machine's running well but I wonder what the chap who previously owned it would think of his photos and stuff available to me.

The machine is still going strong (a month old now) and I can only assume it was returned because of a faulty monitor.

pj123 16:24 10 Jan 08

lisa02, hopefully you have got this Guys credit card numbers and passwords so you can buy lots more stuff on his account?

Why is it always company's associated with DSG that seem to have this problem.

Dixons upset me a very long time ago so I never buy anything from a DSG company.

lisa02 16:32 10 Jan 08

Never nosied more than a few minutes. I immediately launched into re install once she okayed what I was doing. It was a present for my niece and she wanted it ready for her coming home from school.

No, no credit card details etc not that I would want to retain or use them in the event they were on the computer.

oresome 18:38 10 Jan 08

"but I wonder what the chap who previously owned it would think of his photos and stuff available to me."

If he'd been that fussed, he'd have removed the files before letting go of it.

GANDALF <|:-)> 18:45 10 Jan 08

If the twerp had his passwords and CC numbers on the computer he deserves all he could get as he cannot be trusted to own money.

'Why is it always company's associated with DSG that seem to have this problem'..it is not only DSG, a local computer shop got done for the same thing recently. DSG have millions of customers so it is likely that the complaints will be higher than a local shop. Personally I us ethem a lot.

G

papa lazarous 19:09 10 Jan 08

I'm not taking the blame away from Curry's as it is their responsibility to make sure each PC is wiped before resale, but woudn't you remove all of your peresonal data before returning a PC for an exchange?

P.S... I think the original thread may have been hijacked, oops!

laurie53 21:03 10 Jan 08

It's not always possible to remove all your personal data.

Computers have been known to have to go back because they suddenly won't boot up!

papa lazarous 17:05 11 Jan 08

The PC's we are talking about are ones that have been resold with customers details on them. For this to happen they must have been returned in a working state otherwise they would be sent back to the manufacturer as faulty.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

AMD Ryzen release date, specifications and features: Three CPUs from the Ryzen 7 range now…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

How the painting-like animated sequences in A Monster Calls were created by Glassworks Barcelona

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…