Good time to buy a cpu?

VNAM75 14:26 10 Sep 08

I'm thinking about getting an intel quad core q6600 but I'm not sure if there will be any new model releases, price reductions etc soon. Can anyone advise me - buy now or wait a bit longer?

citadel 17:29 10 Sep 08

there have been some new cpu's lately and there was talk of price cuts q3. the q6600 has already had a good drop in price, I can't see it going much lower.

VNAM75 18:47 10 Sep 08

OK thanks. I'll go ahead and purchase.

VNAM75 18:57 10 Sep 08

Amd have a quad core too at the same price - the Phenom 2.6ghz. I've heard they're quite power hungry (more than the intel?). The intel is only 2.4ghz but both clock easily to 3ghz without extra power. Is the intel the better choice though?

click here

citadel 19:03 10 Sep 08

yes the intel is better and overclocks over 3g

Mr Mistoffelees 19:32 10 Sep 08

I tend to think there is never a good time to buy upgrades. Whenever you decide to buy there will always be new models and price cuts soon afterwards. You just have to decide when you are going to take the plunge and accept that whatever you buy will no longer seem such a good buy next week.

Stuartli 22:45 10 Sep 08

Mr Mistoffelees has got it right - if you put off buying a CPU today, you'll do exactly the same thing tomorrow, next week, next month or even next year.

There's always something faster, smaller, cooller, more efficient etc waiting in the wings...:-)

So buy now and enjoy the benefits; a quad CPU is potentially more futureproof than a dual version.

domain 09:11 11 Sep 08

Hello ,
Intel CPU is better then other cpu if u want to more knowledge about cpu and other computer hardware parts then visit <a href="click here">Rackmount LCD Monitor</a>

domain 09:12 11 Sep 08

Hello ,
Intel CPU is better then other cpu if u want to more knowledge about cpu and other computer hardware parts then visit click here

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Nintendo Switch review: Hands on with the intuitive modular console and its disappointing games…

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Here's what should be coming to Adobe Project Felix in 2017

Apple AirPods review: Apple's beautiful new Bluetooth headphones bring true intelligence to…