Good site but anyone bought anything expensive!?

higgsy10101 20:25 04 Oct 09

Hi all, thanks in advance for your thoughts!

Recently came across this site that I would be really keen to know if anyone's bought anything from? click here

Signed up the other day to try it out and managed to get a £50 amazon voucher for under £38! Now Im thinking about buying an iPhone from the same site, as seems cheaper than elsewhere. I got my amazon voucher through no problem, but just wanted to hear if anyone has bought anything expensive from this site before I stick my neck out and purchase? Thanks!

birdface 20:43 04 Oct 09

Obviously new.No reviews no Security clearance from WOT.I don't think I would be buying anything expensive from it until the proper reviews start appearing.

OTT_Buzzard 21:08 04 Oct 09

Interestng take on the usual concept. Still a very high risk way of shopping though.

Stuartli 21:17 04 Oct 09

I'm very cynical about the motive.....

Forum Editor 23:19 04 Oct 09

that before you can take part in these 'auctions' you must first register, and then buy 'credits'.

Each time you click on an item to view the current price it will cost you one credit. The price of an item falls each time someone clicks, and you can buy at any point. The thing is, you don't know the price until you click, and if the price you see isn't to your liking you'll probably keep clicking (and paying) until it is. The gamble is that you'll be the lucky person who clicks, sees an acceptable price, and is quick enough to click on the 'buy' button. Otherwise you'll start all over again - more credits and more paying.

RoversRob 03:46 05 Oct 09

These sites do not need to scam people, they make enough as it is. Found a bargain? Buy it, you will receive your item, 100%. You got your amazon voucher no problem!

Forum Editor, i think you may have mis-understood how the site works. When you "click", its not a random price that is generated. The price drops 30p a time everytime someone clicks, so anyone who continued clicking after a price wasnt to their liking would be doing nothing more than... well... reducing it 30p a time lol (and being stupid).

My 2 cents - Good site (admittedly i use a similar site). Check a price, if you like it, buy it... if not, go back a day later and see if its any better! Good savings to be made.

Kevscar1 11:16 05 Oct 09

Considering their address iss a PO Box I wouldn't touch them with a barge pole.

click here

OTT_Buzzard 11:34 05 Oct 09

Why is having a PO Box for an address an issue?

My bank (Major high street bank) uses a PO Box address. Does that mean they're untrustworthy? Oh actually, bad example! You get my point though....

birdface 15:08 05 Oct 09

[The price drops 30p a time everytime someone clicks, so anyone who continued clicking after a price wasnt to their liking would be doing nothing more than... well... reducing it 30p a time lol (and being stupid).]
Keep clicking and you will get it for nothing.Sounds like they are not out to make a profit then.

OTT_Buzzard 16:05 05 Oct 09

But it costs you £1 everytime you click and only get a price reduction of £0.30...

Boghound 17:34 05 Oct 09

If you look at the "savings"....Is it really worth the effort.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Intel Coffee Lake 8th-gen Core processors release date rumours

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Framestore’s haunting post-WWII title sequence for new BBC series SS-GB

Best iPhone games 2017 | Best iPad games 2017: 162 fantastic iOS games that you need to play right…