Good service from Scan

Sir Radfordin 11:34 04 Feb 04

click here

Ordered USB Bluetooth dongle and 3 USB cables from Scan on Monday night paying less than I could anywhere else (even after £7 P&P!!!) and has just taken delivery of them this morning.

Scan sent 4 emails confirming things at each stage and then I could check the package with City-Link to see that it was going to be delivered.

Only thing that is of slight concern to me is the lables that are on the clear plastic packets that the USB cable are in. They say:

"Warranty Void if removed"

I'm going to have a problem using this cable if I don't remove that wrapper and label ;)

Wiggy277 13:07 04 Feb 04

i wish i could say the same! Placed an order last Friday, no emails saying whats happening, emailed customer services got no reply, tried phoning just get stuck in a queue till i gave up!

Stuartli 13:10 04 Feb 04

As someone who, with other members of my family, spent many thousands of pounds with Scan for several years now, I'm glad to read someone else praising the company as well.

Scan is very efficient (I've even visited its premises at the rear of Bolton's Reebok Stadium on occasions) and its TodayOnly page is a mine of bargains.

But, just like so many other online retailers of this nature, there can be problems with returns on the rare occasions that this is necessary.

That reduces Scan's value level to nine out of 10..:-)

Sir Radfordin 13:10 04 Feb 04

Assuming you placed your order online you should have been given an Invoice number. What happens if oyu try and track your order using this?

Stuartli 13:14 04 Feb 04

Are you sure that your order got through or was received?

This is the problem with these type of threads - the vast majority who have no problems with online retailers but never publically express their delight, are made to look foolish by the handful of people who do and voice their disappointment.....:-)

Sir Radfordin 13:23 04 Feb 04

Forgot to add in my earlier post that the way the items were packed was impressive. The Bluetooh bit was in bubble wrap and then the cables were wrapped together as well - much better than Ebuyer ever bother with.

As you say, returns is where most companies fall down - but thankfully not needed here.

Stuartli 13:41 04 Feb 04

That bubblewrap is very useful afterwards..:-)

My last order but one with Scan incorporated a wide range of items for several people (helps to reduce personal p and p costs to a small sum by building up one big order); every item was included and fully listed on the invoice.

The order was placed online early afternoon and arrived mid-morning the following day.

carver 17:30 04 Feb 04

I'm very impressed with Scan, ordered a set of Creative speakers from them, e-mails with progress of order, delivered on time 2 days after placing order. Well done.

Bandy 10:12 05 Feb 04

I agree that Scan are good. Last year I had reason to return two faulty IBM drives and they accepted quickly and replaced them very quickly

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Microsoft Surface PC release date, price and specs: All-in-one Surface PC to directly rival iMac

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Best Photoshop video tutorials: 8 video tutorial websites for Photoshop

Apple's event invitations decoded: A look back at 16 of Apple's most cryptic invites | Clues in…