Good service from ASUS

Chris-j 19:42 19 May 10

18 month old laptop developed a horizontal line across the screen and the 'enter' key stopped working on keyboard. Telephone at support number was answered almost immediately and after brief discussion and confirmation that line was visible in BIOS screen return for repair was agreed.

OK, I had to remind them a couple of days later that the courier hadn't been in touch but they promised it would be picked up the next day, and it was. Returned 8 days later with new screen, new keyboard, and all data intact. Now if it was my main work PC that might be a long time, but main thing was that apart from the hiccup with the courier it was all hassle free - which is what does it for me!

Al94 21:28 19 May 10

I too found them perhaps a bit over efficient! Called them a few months ago as my Acer netbook which was in warranty died and wouldn't boot. After getting me to try a few things they agreed they would need to have someone call with me within a couple of days to collect it. Later that night I found a likely solution online and downloaded files to a pen drive which successfuly reset the Bios and all was fine again.

I called them first thing the next morning to cancel the service call however the following day, some poor sod who had driven 40 miles from their agents in Northern Ireland came to the door to collect it. He wasn't too put out as he said Acer hadn't cancelled the call with him so he would be billing them for it, however it showed the customer service was there.

This thread is now locked and can not be replied to.

Hands-on: Samsung Galaxy S8 review

1995-2015: How technology has changed the world in 20 years

Samsung's beautifully designed Galaxy S8 makes for better VR experiences too

47 iPhone camera tips to help you take better photos